Golf Cart Sales / Service / Rentals
Green Oak Golf Carts in South Lyon
We May Not Be The Biggest Golf Cart Dealer in Michigan
But We Are The Friendliest
From Stock Off The Course Golf Carts to High End Custom Golf Carts. We Build Them All.
We are an A+ Better Business Bureau Business. We are a small Family owned business est. 1999 and still Building High Quality Golf Carts one at a Time.
Plug Your Cart in Every Day!
Golf Cart Maintenance
Underneath the vehicle as well as the outside of the vehicle
Rinse corrosion, dirt, grass, etc. from top of batteries
Rinse between batteries and vehicle frame.
Clean Batteries with mixture of Baking soda and water
Recommend 20 PSI
Battery Water Levels
Check water levels monthly, bi-monthly or weekly depending on frequency of use.
Use distilled water Only in batteries.
Only fill when needed - do not over fill.
Only fill after vehicle has been fully charged
*If levels are low or empty, the battery plates will dry out and batteries will no longer take a full charge.
*If levels are overfilled, the battery acid will overflow and will cause corrosion.
At the end of each day, even with minimal use
Firmly plug in charger cord, make sure amp gauge needle on the charger switches on.
Amp gauge will register 0 when batteries are fully charged.
Yellow light on vehicle dash may remain on for 10 seconds after unplugging unit.
We do want to remind you of the following safety items:
- These Vehicles are not allowed on public roads.
- Check with your agent for insurance on your golf vehicle.
- When not in use leave the vehicle in neutral, remove the key from the ignition and
engage the parking brake.
- Buzzer will sound when vehicle is in reverse.
- Before using the vehicle, be sure to read and understand operating instructions on the
- Before using the vehicle, be sure the driver and riders read and understand the safety
warnings on the dash panel.
- Caution: when washing battery compartment and maintaining batteries,
wear appropriate gloves, protective eyewear and protective clothing as battery
acid can be harmful to skin and clothing.
Having a big sale, on-site celebrity, or other event? Be sure to announce it so everybody knows and gets excited about it.
Store in cool environment, not heated.
Recommend tire pressure at 20 PSI.
Do not latch parking brake.
Electric Vehicles put into long term storage run the risk of battery damage if not stored correctly.
· Batteries are the most critical and most expensive component of an electric cart.
· Fully charged batteries will not freeze.
· Low charged batteries could freeze and crack.
Batteries would need replacement.
· The cart's on-board computer (OBC) operates the charger, it continually takes battery readings and then talks to the charger telling it what kind of charge and how long to charge the batteries.
The OBC only allows the charger to cycle a specific number of times before it will not allow it to come on again. After that time, the computer will begin to discharge the batteries by continuing to take battery readings causing possible battery freeze and cracking
36V Vehicle - fully charge, batteries and unplug charger from outlet and vehicle, disconnect black wire from - (negative) terminal on battery #6 located on the driver rear side. Disconnect thick red wire from + (positive) terminal battery #1 located on passenger rear side - If green wire on battery #4, disconnect from + (positive) terminal - reconnect wire to negative terminal before connecting to positive terminal.
48V Vehicle – Powerdrive & IQ Chargers:: Fully charge the batteries, unplug charger from outlet and vehicle - if unit has a tow/run switch, put switch in tow position and leave in tow until you reconnect the battery wires - disconnect black wire from - (negative) terminal on battery #6 on driver rear side, disconnect thick red wire from + (positive) terminal on battery #1 on passenger rear side - reconnect wire to negative terminal before connecting to positive terminal
Note: If you have a Battery Life Saver,
it must be disconnected for the winter.
If it is not disconnected it will discharge the batteries and they can Freeze.